Well this is it. A way to vent my new obsession: knitting. An obsession it is, for it has completely taken over my life! I’m new to the bandwagon, and very enthusiastic about the opportunities and my abilities! My mother tried to teach me as a child, but I was uninterested…story of my life. I am only 22, yet the re-discovery of knitting has taken over my life! Here’s how.
I was on exchange in the Netherlands and went to visit a friend of mine, Britt, who was also on exchange in Scotland. She introduced me to her new pair of mittens which she made herself… I was impressed. At my age, there are not many people who are enthusiast
ic about knitting, or any needle work for that matter, and it gave me faith that this art-form had a chance in my generation. I will admit I saw a segment on the news a year or two ago that described how popular knitting was becoming in North America, yet I didn’t think much of it… besides, I thought it was too hard and complicated!…. After I came back to Ontario from my exchange, with only six weeks until school started again and not enough time to find a substantial summer job, I was ultimately bored. There are only so many pages of a novel you can read a day before you go blind. I was wandering around the house one morning and discovered an old peice of work I had done when I was ten or so, and thought to myself with sincere determination: “if Britt can do this, so can I!” And so it was. I looked up my mothers collection of knitting accessories, and went online. WOW! There are so many blogs and sites to help a beginner along, it’s quite amazing! I credit my first few projects to Knittinghelp.com, the instruction videos are great! From beginner to advanced techniques, they are very helpful! Anyway, enough for now, I’ll bring on pictures and details when get a chance to upload!! …back to my work….
I was on exchange in the Netherlands and went to visit a friend of mine, Britt, who was also on exchange in Scotland. She introduced me to her new pair of mittens which she made herself… I was impressed. At my age, there are not many people who are enthusiast
ic about knitting, or any needle work for that matter, and it gave me faith that this art-form had a chance in my generation. I will admit I saw a segment on the news a year or two ago that described how popular knitting was becoming in North America, yet I didn’t think much of it… besides, I thought it was too hard and complicated!…. After I came back to Ontario from my exchange, with only six weeks until school started again and not enough time to find a substantial summer job, I was ultimately bored. There are only so many pages of a novel you can read a day before you go blind. I was wandering around the house one morning and discovered an old peice of work I had done when I was ten or so, and thought to myself with sincere determination: “if Britt can do this, so can I!” And so it was. I looked up my mothers collection of knitting accessories, and went online. WOW! There are so many blogs and sites to help a beginner along, it’s quite amazing! I credit my first few projects to Knittinghelp.com, the instruction videos are great! From beginner to advanced techniques, they are very helpful! Anyway, enough for now, I’ll bring on pictures and details when get a chance to upload!! …back to my work….
No comments:
Post a Comment