Alright. So I've started a new project. This one is going to be a scarf, made from dark green satin acrylic by Bernat. As stated in my previous blog, I am a beginner and was trying out some four needle mitten knitting, but after a few attempts at concentrating at ribbing (which I am horrible at...) I decided to put that down for a later attempt. Just like any obessession, it is impossible to put one down without trying somehting else. Instead of making mittens, I'd make this scarf to bide my time, get more experience and build up more confidence for my four needle mittens.
It is a really neat stictch sequence that I found on the internet, simply by browsing. When I first saw the sample scarf online, I thought... oh dear, that looks tough! But no, I discovered, it's not that difficult, it just needs a little concentration. The pattern is quite simple. With 5 mm needles, cast on 36 stitches. Then Slip one, yarn over, and knit two together [Sl1, yo, k2tog], repeating until the end of the row... It's that simple! Believe me!This is the second attempt at this, as my mother likes to say, "that was a test piece" whenever stitches slip and they are un-fixable. The first one I did with size four needles, and found that it was too tight, and pattern was not as nice. One word of advice... stitch loosely!!
This project, I've decided is going to be an 'in-between' project, that is to say, that I am going to knit some when I'm slightly bored of whatever else I'm doing. As i've stated before, I find knitting scarves tedious, so this way I will enjoy the finished product. To add to this post, I'm going to show off some of my photography talent! I took this picture this morning to show how far i've come.
No comments:
Post a Comment