So. I've completely ignored my blog. After coming back from a wedding in New Brunswick at the end of august, the grave task of University began again, and I left knitting behind for a while. Although I finished knitting the socks mentioned earlier and restarting the scarf because of some major mistakes, I left the needles for the books. It is now the day after boxing day, and over the last couple of weeks, I've been back at work. 
In New Brunswick, my girlfriend who got married has a friend who is having a baby. Becky, who I have met before, is the first acquintance I have that is having a baby. So, I decided to make these baby boots for her baby boy who is due any day now, and almost ready to be shipped:
They are SO cute and SUPER easy! Ill post the pattern can be found here. The pattern is for a preemie, but to make the bigger ones (on the right), I simply casted on 10 extra sts, added two more rows to the first section, cast of 10 sts instead of 7 and added three extra rows to the top. SIMPLE!! I knit the first ones, realizing that they would probably be too small for a normal baby. I wasn't discouraged by my first attempt for two reasons: they are REALLY easy and quick to make, and two: i am only 22, I am bound to have a friend who will have a preemie!!
I also finished my mittens. At the moment, I am in Florida with my family, and there is NO need for mittens! BUT, it is cooler in Ontario, and have been dreaming of finishing these all semester! They are now finished, and Ill add my pattern later, as the originall was too big for my hands. YEAAAAA!!!! I am so proud of myself, they are knit really tight, and are pretty perfect if you ask me! I made a couple of mistakes: with the first mitten, I miscalculated the stistches and didnt make a smooth end, and on both of the mittens, I SUCK AT kitchener stitch. My mom is finishing a scarf to match, that has the same pattern as the cuff: k3, p2. I cant WAIT to get back and wear them!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment